Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blog Award, Mexican Chicken, and Faith Hill


So the other day, Russell and I were shopping at Lifeway and we found this cd. Faith Hill's Joy to the World album is so awesome! We have really enjoyed it!


Bekah gave me a blog award last week and if you get the award, you list 7 weird facts about you and then send it back to 7 people. Here are 7 facts:

1. I LOVE to sing. I absolutely love to sing and always have loved it. I sang at my former church in Camden a lot and I would always get nervous. Sometimes my hands would shake uncontrolably while I held the microphone! We got to First Baptist at Bentonville now and I am in choir but am still nervous to sing in our "new" church! I wish I wouldn't get so nervous to this day!
2. I love candles and have way too many of them!
3. I think I could eat homemade macaroni and cheese every meal. HA!
4. I always have to have mentholatum on my bedside table every night...also chapstick.
5. I don't think I can have too many pictures of most anything!
6. I am kinda particular about little things like how you put things in the dishwasher. I don't know why!
7. I have a major sweet tooth.

I need to pass this on to 7 people!
1.Faith
2. Caroline
3. Jessica M.
4. Laurie
5. Leigh Ann H.
6. Heather
7. Judy

I want to share a recipe with ya'll also!

Mexican Chicken

small sack of Doritos or Tostitos chips (some crushed some whole)
3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up
can of cream of mushroom soup
can of cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup chicken broth
Rotel tomatoes (drained)
1-2 cups of Velveeta cheese, cut in cubes

Mix chicken, soups, rotel and cheese together in large bowl. Dip chips in chicken broth. You may put chips in bottom of casserole dish or mix w/ other ingredients. (I do both) Pour mixture in large casserole dish. Sprinkle with extra cheese if you want to. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 1 hour or until bubbly.

This is my mom's recipe. It is sooo good! Try it and I hope ya'll enjoy it!

Russell is off tomorrow and we are going to my sister's for Thanksgiving Thursday. We will have a busy weekend but it'll be good! I hope ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Meredith! You are SO sweet. Thank you for sending this my way, although if you hadn't already gotten it I would send it back because I love your blog, too! Hope you and Russell have a great Thanksgiving. Oh, and I'm going to try your mom's recipe. I just made it this week, but I think your mom's sounds better than the recipe I have! :)

Faith said...

You are so sweet! Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for passing it on to me! I am SO with you on your #6...I am the same way!

And girlfriend, I say grab that microphone and sing your heart out to the Lord!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Guy and Julie said...

That recipe looks great!

I've been looking for a new Christmas album--I might just have to get Faith Hill's off ITunes tonight! Thanks for the heads up!

petrii said...

YUMMEE !! That chicken sounds delish.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving,

Dawn

Betsy said...

I can't believe you have to have mentholatum right by your bed each night!! I've never known anybody else that does that but me!! :) And your Mexican chicken sounds amazing. I have a similar recipe, but this one seems much easier. Thanks for sharing it!! :)

Jessica said...

I love mac n cheese too!