Saturday, December 19, 2015

Be filled with Joy!

Oh my word, y'all. Christmas is just DAYS away. Can you believe it? I have been running way behind on blogging again....surprise, surprise. Here's a few "holiday highlights" from some this season.
 Mama and  got to go to the Point of Grace and Selah concert together back before Thanksgiving and loved it so much! It was such a great time of worship and also brought back memories from POG circa 1995! :)
 My fave...Point of Grace. We also met POG and Selah afterwards. They were so sweet!
 Kelly and Lauren got to come to NWA to see the Bentonville Lighting of the Square. It was so fun and special. And what a COLD night!
 Jackson Randolph discovering Christmas lights.
 Lauren and me!
 Staying warm on the square.
 Me and my sweet baby boy!
 Christmas tree at Lawrence Plaza
All together in front of the pretty tree. Oh, what FUN!
 Earlier this month, Russell and I went to his work party. It was so nice and good to catch up with some of his coworkers and friends.
Tony, Amy, Russell and me
 We try to take an annual pic like this every year because I am so glad Russell and Tony work together. I have mentioned this before but Amy is my best friend and she and Russell are cousins. :)  
 Later that same week, we went to a wonderful live nativity. There were hundreds, maybe even over a thousand people there. There was entertainment first, then the "journey to Bethlehem" live nativity.
 Fun entertainment!
 It truly was inspiring and amazing. What a tearjerker it was, as it truly brought what Mary, Joseph, and Jesus went through and experienced as they made the journey to Bethlehem, and after they had baby Jesus. It was great! I definitely cried tears of joy and gratefulness. This journey was so authentic. It truly felt like we were on our way to Bethlehem with live animals and it's free!
 They also offered hot chocolate or cider and cookies after the journey.
Russell, Jackson, me, Tony, Amy, and Leighann. What fun we had!
 Glory to God in the HIGHEST!
Here are a few random "Christmas happies."
Christmas Tree Spode, musical Santa, and my Joy candle from Bath and Body Works. A few of my favorite things.... :)
 I made cinnamon ornaments for the first time. They were SO easy and did not disappoint! I will make these again for sue! They sure smell good on our tree! :)
It has been so wonderful attending women's bible study every Tuesday this Fall.  I went to our Christmas Luncheon a couple of weeks ago, and it was fabulous. Look at this pretty decoration on our table! Thanks to sweet Carole!
It has also been a blessing to sing with the 4W praise team every few weeks as well. I got to know sweet Nicole and Whitney these past few months. They are so fun and talented!! 
Russell and I took Jackson to the square and 5 and 10 store. Oh, it was so sweet watching him sit in the sleigh. We took a similar picture last year. My heart! :)
Joy to the World!
Jackson is so excited about Christmas! He adores his reindeer, Rudolph. 
Looking in the window with Daddy!
We couldn't let the night go by without looking at the nativity. Oh, so wonderful to see every time. 
Jackson was also enthused by the ice skating rink! :)
 
So that's part 1 of  "blog catch up." We are counting down the days til December 25th!
 
 
When they saw the star, they were filled with JOY! Matthew 2:10

0 comments: